Box Storage: My files are missing!Estimated Reading Time: 1 Minutes
There are several reasons for files to be missing from your Clemson Box.
1) If you are not the owner (even if you are the co-owner or editor), the owner may have:
- Left Clemson (retired, moved away, graduated...) and once his account is no longer active, any folders he owns will no longer be available to you
- Removed you as a collaborator (contact them to restore your rights).
Important: Make sure anyone who will be leaving Clemson gives someone who will still be at Clemson the owner rights to folders that need to be retained. An owner can do that under the share options. Once he assigns a new owner editor rights, he can then change that person’s rights to owner. The previous owner will become an editor.
2) If you are using Box Drive or some other app some of your files or folders are now showing, try going to a browser and going to https://clemson.box.com. If you can see them there, uninstall all Box apps, download the newest version of the app, and reinstall Box Drive.
3) Maybe you accidentally deleted them? Check your computer’s trash folder and/or the Box trash folder. If you find them there, you can restore them.
4) If the files have been recently deleted because the owner left the university, ask the department chair of the owner to submit a ticket to ITHELP@clemson.edu specifying who the new owner should be and which folders should be restored. Note that there is a time limit during which folders can be recovered. So make this request as soon as possible after the owner leaves!
If you have more questions, email ITHELP@clemson.edu or call 864-656-3494.