Using Box in Canvas
How can I share Box files and folders in Canvas?
If an instructor would like to share data they have in their Clemson Box account with students using Canvas, here are some steps and instructions.
Note: Previously, instructor could go to central.clemson.edu and select their course and click on Box. It would create a new Box folder owned by Box Provisioning Driver, with the instructor as the Editor, and the students as Previewers of the data. This process has changed. If you go to central.clemson.edu, courses no longer have the Box function available. So now the instructor will need to create a folder, share the folder, then embed in Canvas.
1) Log in to Clemson Box and create or find the folder you would like to share with your students. Open the parent folder to this folder and hover your mouse over the folder. Single click on the Share button.
3) Click on Enable shared link.
4) Click on Invited people only.
5) Select People with the link. Click X to close.
7) Hover your mouse over the folder.
8) Click on the ... in blue bar beside the folder.
9) Hover over More actions, click on Embed widget. Copy the Embed code. Click X to close.
10) Open Canvas and create or go to the Assignment, Discussion, or any element that has the HTML editor option.
11) Click on HTML Editor. Press Ctrl-V to paste in the Embed code. Click Save.
12) Students will need to drag a white cloud puzzle piece.
13) Now they can see the list of files in the folder and click on any of them to see it.
14) If the professor wants to share a file instead of a folder, it works the same except after dragging the puzzle piece, students will see the file (not a list of files).
If you have more questions, email ITHELP@clemson.edu or call 864-656-3494.