Creating an Announcement in CanvasEstimated Reading Time: 1 Minutes
Announcements are used to let your students know that there is new information related to a course. When you create an announcement Canvas will send a message to all of the students enrolled in that course.
- To create an announcement in the current course. click Announcements in the Course Navigation.
- Click the Add Announcement button.
- Enter a title for the announcement in the Topic Title box.
- Enter announcement text in the text box.
- Optional: Insert content for the announcement by selecting options in the Insert Content into the Page section.
- Optional: Click the Choose File button to add an attachment to the announcement.
- Optional: Select additional settings for the announcements in the Options section.
- Click the Save button.