How to import content from one Canvas course into another one
Article ID: 1016 | Last Updated: Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 11:14 AM
To import course content from one Canvas course to another one, follow these instructions:
- Log in to Canvas and navigate to the new course.
- Click on Settings in the course menu.
- Click on Import Course Content.
- For Content Type select Copy a Canvas Course.
- For Search for a course enter the first part of the course ID, ex. S1805-WFB (this ensures that Canvas narrows down the search until you see your courses), then select the course where the course material is located.
- Select either All Content to import all content or select Specific Content to specify content items to import.
- If desired, select Adjust events and due dates.
- Click on the Import button.
If you have chosen Select specific content:
- Click on Select Content button to specify specific items to be imported.
- Select the item(s) to be imported.
- Click on the Select Content button.