How to import content from one Canvas course into another one
IMPORT CANVAS COURSE CONTENT
- Log in to Canvas and navigate to the new course.
- Click on Settings in the course menu.
- Click on Import Course Content.
- For Content Type select Copy a Canvas Course.
- For Search for a course enter the first parts of the course ID, ex. S2101, to narrow the list down to a specific semester and select the course you are importing content from.
- Select either All Content to import all content or select specific content to specify content items to import.
- If desired, select Adjust events and due dates.
- Click on the Import button.
If you have chosen Select specific content (also see Notes 2 & 3 on specific content):
- Click on Select Content button to specify specific items to be imported.
- Select the item(s) to be imported.
- Click on the Select Content button.
* Note 1. Any item that is published in the source course will be published in the new course.
** Note 2. Announcements copied from a previous course will be posted upon publication of the course. If you do not plan on reusing the announcements you can either Delay them or Delete them once the copy process has been completed.
***Note 3. If you used the Zoom LTI to schedule meetings in the source course a calendar event was created for each meeting. When you import the content, those calendar events will be copied into the new course unless you use Select Specific Content and deselect Calendar Events. If you mistakenly imported those events you will need to delete them individually.
If you have more questions, email ITHELP@clemson.edu or call 864-656-3494.