Most consumer electronics outside of computers and phones/tablets do not support the WPA2-Enterprise protocol needed to connect to eduroam. To meet the demand for wireless connectivity on devices like TVs, gaming consoles, streaming devices, etc. CCIT Network Services performed a staged rollout of a new wireless network named ResMediaNet, which should now be available in all buildings on campus.
Note: the Nintendo 3DS and related Nintendo handheld systems do NOT work on resmedianet.
In order to use ResMediaNet, you will need to register your device on the Clemson network. To do this you will need to find the wireless MAC address of your device. Instructions for finding the MAC address on some popular devices can be found below. Once you have your wireless MAC address, you will need to register it by following these steps:
- Go to http://netreg.clemson.edu (not netregistration.clemson.edu)
- Log in with your Clemson username and password
- Select Add Registration on the left of the screen
- Enter the wireless MAC Address of your device in the format XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX in the box labeled Hardware Address. (Instructions for finding the MAC address on some popular devices can be found below)
- Enter a Device Description
- Click I Agree at the bottom of the screen
Once your device has been registered, find the wireless settings on your device and connect to the network named resmedianet using the password tigerpaw. Connecting will fail if you have not successfully registered your device following the steps above.
ResMediaNet should be available in all buildings across campus.
Finding your wireless MAC address
|The easiest way to find your device’s MAC address is to find the instructions on the manufacturer’s support website. A list of common manufacturers is below:
|Similar to blu-ray players, directions for finding your TV’s MAC address can usually be find in the owners manual from the manufacturer’s site:
Unsupported Devices or Features
- Roku remote via phone feature is not support
- Chromecast is currently not supported
- Nintendo 3DS and other Nintendo handhelds