HOW TO: Office 365 and Mobile Devices Connection Issues
Article ID: 417 | Last Updated: Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:02 AM
Office 365 and Mobile Devices
Troubleshooting connection problems involving Office 365 and mobile devices when creating an account or syncing your mobile device.
If you have followed the instructions for creating a new account on your device and the device cannot connect to Office 365 even though you have verified the account settings and attempted to setup the account multiple times the solution to this issue may not reside in your mobile device.
- Open the Outlook web app for Office 365. Office365.clemson.edu
- Click on the gear icon in the banner on the right side of the screen.
- Click on Mail.
- Click on General located in the left side menu.
- Select Mobile Devices. A list of all your devices will be displayed.
- Locate and select your Mobile Device on the list then delete it by clicking on the – icon above the list.
- Restart your device and attempt to create the account again.
Here are two links that explain this issue further from Microsoft’s Outlook Web App for Office 365 Help.
- Fix email sync issues or remove a device from your Outlook.com or Outlook on the web mailbox
- Mobile devices option in Outlook.com or Outlook on the web