How to Secondary Calendar in Outlook Exchange
Sharing a Secondary Calendar
In addition to your default Microsoft Office Outlook Calendar, you can create and share secondary Outlook calendars.
In addition to creating a second calendar you may also want to share this second calendar with other people.
The topic of creating and sharing a second calendar with other people is covered here.
There are two basic steps in the process:
- Create a new calendar (in this example called Vacation Schedule).
- Share the calendar with others.
Create New Calendar called Vacation Schedule:
- Open Outlook. Select Calendar.
- From the Folder tab click New Calendar.
- In the Folder window, click New Calendar.
- Enter the name of the new calendar. In this example the new calendar is named Vacation Schedule. Now Click OK.
5. Once the new calendar is created it will appear in the Navigation Pane in the Calendar view.
Share the Vacation Schedule Calendar with Others
- Before sharing the calendar, add one item to it (sharing will not be available on a calendar that does not have at least one entry).
- Right click the Vacation Schedule calendar in the Navigation Panel. Then click on Share, and Share Calendar.
- A Sharing Calendar window opens in the form of an email. In this window beside To: enter the email addresses of the Clemson Exchange users with whom you wanted to share the calendar.
- Check the box Recipient can add, edit and delete items in this calendar if you wish the recipient to have these permissions. Click Send button.
- When the recipients receive the email notifying them that have access to this calendar they will click the Open this Calendar button in the email message.
- The Vacation Calendar will now appear in the Navigation Pane in the Outlook Calendar of the Clemson user with whom you shared the calendar.
If you have more questions, email ITHELP@clemson.edu or call 864-656-3494.