HOW TO: Share Permission to View Calendars in Outlook
To assign sharing permission for your calendar to someone else, please follow the steps below:
Your calendar is part of the set of data that is stored on the Exchange Server. This configuration allows other users to see your busy and free times. It also enables those to whom you delegate proxy rights to take action on your calendar based on the delegation rights you gave them. If you need someone else to take action on your tasks, notes or email, then you can delegate access permission for those items in your account.
- Open your calendar in Outlook.
- Click on Share Calendar in the ibbon.
- Add people in the To: field and specify the rights you wish them to have in the Details drop down. Then click Send.
- They should receive a message that your calendar has been shared with them and the message should have a button to open your calendar.
- Click on Calendar Permissions in the Ribbon to see everyone you have shared your calendar with and/or to make changes.