Roku Registration/Philo setup
This guide outlines how to register your Roku with NetReg at Clemson. You must complete these steps before registering your Roku with Philo.
what you need
- Roku device
- HDMI Cable
- Ethernet Cable
before you begin
- Connect your Roku to your TV with the HDMI
- If your device is ethernet compatible, Connect your Roku to the wired network by plugging in the Ethernet
- Plug your Roku into power
register with NetReg
- Go to http://netreg.clemson.edu.
- Log in with your University username and password.
- Select Add Registration on the left of the screen.
- Enter the MAC Address for the Roku device in the format XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX in the box labeled Hardware
To obtain the MAC address for your Roku device:
Note: If you are using the Roku wirelessly with resmedianet, you will need to look for the "Wireless" MAC address. If you are using ethernet, it should be labeled "Wired" MAC address.
- On the back of your player — it’s a set of six 2-digit pairs separated by colons, e.g. 00:0D:0A:1H:3G:5C. One set is for the Ethernet connector (wired) and the other is for the wireless connection (WiFi).
- Alternatively, with your Roku connected to your TV, from the Roku home screen, select settings > player info
from your Roku, and the addresses will be listed on-screen.
- If you still don’t see the address, with your Roku remote hit the Home button 5X, FF button 3X, and Rewind button 2X a screen should appear. The MAC addresses will be listed on-screen.
- Enter the Device Description.
- Select I Agree at the bottom of the screen.
- Log Out by closing the browser window
Once your device has been registered, you man need to power off/on or unplug the device and plug it back in before the changes will take effect.
If you are using the device using an ethernet connection, the device you detect the connection automatically. If you are using it wirelessly, you will need to go into the settings and connect to resmedianet using the password tigerpaw.
Philo Roku Registration
- Sign in to your Roku account on your computer at my.roku.com/signin
If you do not have a roku account, you will need to create one before proceeding
- To add the Philo channel to your Roku, go to my.roku.com/add/philoedu and click the "Yes, Add Channel" button
- On your Roku, navigate to Settings > System> System Update > Check Now
This should add the Philo app to your Roku
- Link your Philo account to your Roku by going to watch.philo.com on your computer and click the "Roku Registration" link at the bottom of the page.
- Follow the instructions to add your Roku device via the serial number
- After a few minutes, your Roku will update and you will have access to Philo.