HOW TO: Reset Password
If you need your password reset, please follow the steps below:
There are two ways to reset your password by yourself: by using your current password or by using security questions.
To reset your password using your current password:
- Open your web browser and navigate to clemson.edu/change_password
- Type in your Clemson Username and Old Password in the designated area.
- Next, type in your new desired password in the New Password area.
NOTE: Be sure to comply with the requirements to ensure a strong password.
- Type in your new password again to Confirm Password.
- Read the Clemson's Acceptable Use Policy, then click the check box beside By submitting to this form you agree to Clemson's Acceptable Use Policy. Click Submit.
To reset your password using security questions:
- Open your web browser and navigate to my.Clemson.edu
- Click on the silhouette or your picture in the upper right hand corner.
- Click login and login with your Clemson username and password.
- Click on your picture and choose My Profile. Click Security Questions.
- Answer the 3 Security Questions or Click Add New Security Question.
- Type in an Alternate Email Address.
NOTE: It is recommended to use a different account from your @clemson.edu account.
- Now navigate to a Clemson login page.
NOTE: Do NOT immediately login with your Clemson username and password.
- Click Reset Your Password at the bottom of the login page.
- Now choose Using My Security Questions.
- When prompted, type in your XID, Clemson Username, and select Reset with Questions.
- Type in the answers to your security questions.
- Click Submit.
- A page will appear telling you where the new password has been sent.
- Go to your email or cell phone to access your new password.
NOTE: If neither of those work, there are two ways to have your password changed for you. Bring a picture ID, preferably your Tiger1 card, to the CCIT Support Center located on the second floor of Cooper Library. OR If you are not in the Clemson area, then you can call the CCIT Support Center at (864) 656.3494. After your identity is confirmed over the phone, you will be assisted with your password reset.