Certificate of Eligibility: STEM OPT Extension (iStart/Sunapsis portal) Instructions and FAQ
In this document you will find instructions on how to download Duo Security, access Clemson University’s VPN, and request your I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for the F-1 Visa or DS-2019 Certificate of Eligibility for the J-1 Visa below. At the end of this document, you will also find a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
Please note the following deadlines:
• Students expecting to enroll in the spring term should submit all materials by November 15.
• Students expecting to enroll in the summer term should submit all materials by April 1.
• Students expecting to enroll in the fall term should submit all materials by July 1.
• Students transferring their SEVIS record from another U.S. Institution should complete their certificate of eligibility request by the start of classes in their expected start term.
Step 1: Download the Duo Security App by following CCIT’s instructions. (Click here for FAQs and tips on how to use Duo) Once you have downloaded Duo, you can move on to Step 2 to connect to Clemson University’s network through the VPN.
Step 2: Click here to download the VPN to your computer. If you would like detailed step-by-step
instructions on how to download and access Clemson University’s VPN, please click here. You must be connected to the VPN in order to connect to the iStart portal when off campus.
Step 3: Once you have accessed the VPN, use Internet Explorer as your browser to visit the URL:
Step 4: Register your iStart portal by entering your CU/XID and date of birth.
Step 5: Complete the following e-forms listed under the “Biographical Information” and “Pre-Arrival”
- biographical information
- emergency contacts
- your contact information
- request certificate of eligibility
- the financial certification
- SEVIS Transfer In Request (this form should only be completed by those transferring their Active SEVIS record from a U.S. institution.)
Sunapsis Frequently Asked Questions
I can’t launch istart.app.clemson.edu. What should I do?
- Make sure your computer is connected to the Clemson University VPN, refer to instructions at the following link: https://ccit.clemson.edu/support/kb/?id=64
- Try using the Internet Explorer browser and type istart.app.clemson.edu into the browser window
Which number is my Clemson ID?
Your Clemson ID will begin with a C and will have 9 digits after the C. For example: C00000000.
I don’t know where to find my Clemson ID?
The Graduate Admissions portal Admit normally sends an automated email with instructions on how to create your institutional username for newly admitted graduate students. Please check back to see if you received this email. Here is a link to the Graduate Admissions page just in case you need more assistance with retrieving your Clemson University username and password. http://www.clemson.edu/graduate/students/new-student.html
I am unable to upload multiple financial documents in the financial certification form. What should I do to attach multiple bank statements or award letters?
You will need to combine all bank statements or award letters together into one Adobe pdf document. Visit this website for detailed instructions on how to complete this task: http://www.ehow.com/how_4871007_combine-multiple-pdfs-one.html
I made a mistake when entering information in Sunapsis and have submitted incorrect information. What should I do to correct this information?
Please cancel the form you submitted. You will then have the open to complete the form again with the correct information.
I have tried everything, but I still can’t get the Virtual Private Network to work in order to access Sunapsis, what should I do?
Send a print screen image of the error you are receiving to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll take a look and see if we can provide additional support.