Recommended Laptops for 2023-24
RECOMMENDED LAPTOPS FOR 2023-2024
Get your recommended model with a 4-year warranty from the Clemson Computer Store.
**Note the Preferred Laptop by Major Matrix still needs to be updated. It should be by 5/16/23***
See our Preferred Laptop by Major links or check with your adviser before purchasing your laptop.
For departmental purchases, contact the store for a quote. For personal purchases, go to the site listed above.
WINDOWS ENTRY LAPTOPS 2023-24
WINDOWS MAINSTREAM LAPTOPS 2023-24
WINDOWS TABLET/CONVERTIBLE LAPTOPS 2023-24
RECOMMENDED COMPUTER FOR ARCHITECTURE 2023-24
- All Windows laptops include a four-year warranty + four-year accidental damage coverage.
The warranty only covers the battery for only one year. Accidental damage coverage DOES NOT COVER the charger/power adapter and does not cover theft, fire, or loss.
- Dell accidental damage protection covers only one major incident per warranty year. Lenovo accidental damage protection has unlimited repairs per year.
- Note: If you order a Clemson laptop or buy a new laptop, while setting up your new laptop, if it asks for your computer account name, please put in your Clemson user name.
Please note there are upgraded versions of each model listed below that are also “recommended” and available for purchase through the Clemson Computer Store
- Includes one year of AppleCare warranty (does not include accidental damage coverage)
- *Clemson highly recommends the purchase of Safeware (warranty & accidental damage)*
- Software is not pre-loaded – software is available on the CCIT software web page.
- The new M1/M2 processor Macs can not natively boot the Windows operating system. People required to use a Windows-only application will have one option:
- Run the Clemson Citrix solution (driving a remote Windows computer in a window on your M1/M2 Mac)
- Parallels is not a Clemson Supported option
- Please see the Clemson Computer Store website for special deals and purchasing options.
If you order a Clemson laptop or buy a new laptop, while setting up your new laptop, if it asks for your computer account name, please put in your Clemson user name. Why? It makes it easier from a support standpoint.
Chromebooks and iPads are not a viable option for your primary laptop! We provide no software or hardware support for these devices!
Laptops ordered online are delivered to your home address; the Clemson University Post Office will not accept laptop deliveries.
If you have purchased your Apple computer directly from Apple and have not yet purchased Safeware, you have up to 30 days after receiving the laptop to purchase. Call the Clemson Computer Store at 864-656-0404 to purchase over the phone.