Clemson Windows Laptop SetupEstimated Reading Time: 3 Minutes
If you are a new Clemson student with a Windows laptop, these steps will ensure your laptop is properly set up for use at Clemson and help you find important information about the Clemson computing environment. There is a .PDF attached to this article that is a compressed version of this article that you might want to use while going through these instructions.
*If videos do not load, refresh the page
DO NOT USE CLEMSON ACCOUNT ON A NEW WINDOWS COMPUTER
If you buy a new Windows computer to use at Clemson and you are logging in to it for the first time, do not use your Clemson account to sign in. Use a personal Microsoft account.
SETTING UP DUO TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION
Some Clemson services, like iRoar, require you to sign in using Two-Factor Authentication (2fa) through Duo. See how to set up 2fa through Duo.
- To get started, go to https://2fa.clemson.edu .
- Install Duo Mobile on mobile devices from the Apps store.
HOW TO CONNECT TO WI-FI
Here are instructions to get to connect to eduroam, Clemson’s Wi-Fi network.
- Select eduroam from your list of wi-fi networks.
- Log in using your Clemson username @clemson.edu (do not use g.clemson.edu) and your Clemson (not Google) password.
Citrix allows Clemson users to use software that is not installed on their computers.
INSTALLING THE COMPANY PORTAL
The Company Portal is used to install most of the software you will need on campus.
- Find Company Portal in the Microsoft Store.
- Once it is installed, Sign in to your Clemson Microsoft account.
SIGNING IN TO OFFICE 365
Microsoft Office is one of the many pieces of software provided to you by Clemson.
If you are opening it for the first time, you will need to sign in and set up your Clemson Microsoft Account. The important thing to remember is that you need to use your Clemson user name @clemson.edu (do not use a g.clemson.edu).
If you previously installed Office and used it using a personal or different kind of Microsoft account, click here for an article on how to change it to use your Clemson Microsoft account.
CONNECTING TO THE CLEMSON NETWORK FROM OFF-CAMPUS
Some Clemson resources require you to be connected to Clemson’s network for access. If you are off-campus, you can still virtually connect to Clemson’s network by VPN. See how to access the Clemson network from off-campus using Cisco AnyConnect.
- Open a web browser and navigate to https://cuvpn.clemson.edu
- Connect using your Clemson user name and Clemson password
PRINTING ON CAMPUS
Clemson provides printers all over campus for students to use.
- Install the PaperCut driver from the Company Portal or
- Go to https://download.clemson.edu/#papercut to download the PaperCut driver.
- Note: using PaperCut from off-campus requires using the Clemson VPN.
HOW DO I GET HELP?
Need some more help? Don’t worry, Clemson Computing and Information Technology (CCIT) has you covered.
Click here to find out more about the ways to get help when you need it from CCIT.
If you have more questions, email ITHELP@clemson.edu or call 864-656-3494.