HOW TO: Computer Security and Virus Protection
Employees should contact their Tech Support Provider to have anti-virus software installed on their computer if it is not already there. Clemson has a Trend Micro account for employees.
Note that students who have Windows 10 or 11 can use Windows Defender as a part of their operating system.
Employees or students can read more about anti-virus options here: https://ccit.clemson.edu/cybersecurity/how-to/anti-virus-software/
UPDATE YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM
Remember that it is very important to keep your Operating System up to date. If you are regularly connected to the Internet, you should get prompts when it is time to do this. But it's a good idea to check periodically to make sure your OS is up to date.
Perform Mac Updates
- Update the software on your Mac.
- Update OS X and apps from the Mac App Store.
- To check for Mac software updates, open the App Store app on your Mac, then click Updates in the toolbar.
- If updates are available, click the Update buttons to download and install them.
Note: For more information go to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201541
Perform Windows Critical Updates
- Open the start menu, go to All Programs and select Windows Update.
- Click on Check for updates on the left side of the window.
- Only install updates marked as Important.
**Some updates will need to be installed alone, so you will need to perform the previous steps again. Make sure to reboot when prompted.
Note: Every couple days take a minute to power down your laptop so that it can perform updates and have a chance to reboot.
Install and Update Virus Scanning Software
- Download Trend Micro from download.clemson.edu.
- Update Trend micro regularly.
- Run one of the three different scans periodically.
- For example, Quick Scan will be sufficient if you are not experiencing any noticeable issues.
Contacting the Help Desk
Contact the Help Desk to let them know the status of your machine if you received a phone call or e-mail
- Employees - If you are unable to resolve the problem, contact your TSP or local consultant. You may also contact the Help Desk at 656-3494 or e-mail ITHELP@clemson.edu
CCIT Support Center on the second floor of Cooper Library. ITHELP@clemson.edu, 864-656-3494