Webex FAQsEstimated Reading Time: 2 Minutes
- HOW DO I GET A CISCO® WEBEX ACCOUNT?
To create a training space and begin using Cisco® Webex, download the appropriate app, enable Webex within your Canvas course, or open your web browser and navigate to the Cisco Webex Login. Log in using your network login and password.
- WHO CAN USE WEBEX MEETING?
Cisco WebEx Meting is available to all Clemson employees and students, but only employees can create sessions.
- I AM TRYING TO ENABLE BREAKOUT ROOMS, BUT DO NOT SEE THE OPTION?
When you are creating your meeting space you want to create it using the Training template. Breakout rooms can only be used in Training spaces. Cisco provides a KCisco provides a Knowledge Base Article with further information on setting up Breakout rooms.
- I WAS NOT GIVEN THE OPTION OF TURNING ON BREAKOUT ROOMS WHEN I SCHEDULED MY SESSION THROUGH CANVAS. CAN I STILL TURN IT ON?
Yes, you will have to log in thru Clemson's Webex and locate your training session under My Webex. Then click My Meetings. Then click All Meetings. Click the Topic name for the session. Then click Edit. From here you can enable several features for Breakout Rooms. Cisco's Webex Training website has additional information regarding breakout rooms.
- CAN I CREATE BREAKOUT ROOMS FROM WITHIN MY MEETING SPACE?
Cisco provides an article on how to Manage Breakout Sessions in a Cisco Webex Training Session on their website.
- What is the maximum number of Breakout Sessions I can create?
100. To learn more, please visit Cisco's Knowledge Base.
- WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF STORAGE I HAVE FOR MY WEBEX RECORDINGS?
Each user is allotted 50 GB for Events, Meetings, and Training Session recordings. If you need more space, you can download your recordings and store them in either Kaltura, Google Drive, Box.com, or OneDrive.
- HOW DO I ADD A SURVEY TO AN EVENT?
Navigate to Clemson's WebEx link and login. Then follow these directions for Creating a Post-Event Survey and Adding it to an Event.
- HOW DO I DOWNLOAD MY WEBEX TRAINING SESSION RECORDING?
Navigate to Clemson's WebEx link and login. Then follow these directions for Downloading WebEx Recordings.
- HOW DO I CONVERT MY WEBEX RECORDING FROM .ARF FILE FORMAT TO .MP4 FILE FORMAT?
Download the WebEx Player and then follow these instructions for Converting ARF files to MP4.
- WHEN I TRY TO CONVERT MY .ARF FILE TO AN .MP4 FILE I AM PROMPMTED FOR A SITE URL, ACCOUNT NAME, AND PASSWORD. WHAT DO I PUT IN THESE FIELDS?
Site URL: webex.com
Account Name: Your Clemson username
Password: Your Clemson password
If you have more questions, email ITHELP@clemson.edu or call 864-656-3494.