HOW TO: Adjust Safari’s Security Preferences to Allow Flash Content in Adobe Connect
To adjust Safari's security preferences to allow Flash Content in Adobe Connect, please follow the steps below:
When you use the Adobe Connect Add-in on Mac OS X 10.9, 10.8, or 10.7 with Safari 6.1 or 7, you may see the following message: "You don't have the Adobe Connect domain name in the Safari Flash Player security settings."
The new Adobe Connect 9.0.2 add-in should resolve this issue. You can install the new add-in in the following circumstances.
- You try to start or join 9.0.2 meeting for first time and have older version of the Add-in installed.
- You start screen sharing, application sharing, or share PowerPoint (PPTX format) files, and don’t have the latest version of the Add-in installed.
For Mac OS:
- To download the Mac Add-in: http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/kb/connect-902-add-in.html
- Save the file when prompted; by default, it's saved in the Downloads folder.
- Open the Downloads folder and open ac_addin_mac_250.z to extract the package (the package name isadobeconnectaddin-installer.pkg).
- Open adobeconnectaddin-installer.pkg to launch the installer.
- Follow the installer prompts to install the Add-In.
Article ID: 77
Created On: Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Last Updated On: Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 2:57 PM
Online URL: https://hdkb.clemson.edu/phpkb/article.php?id=77