Box Sharing with External Collaborators
If a Clemson user would like to share a Box folder with someone who does not have a Clemson user account, here are the steps to follow:
1. The non-Clemson user can go to http://www.box.com and create a free public Box account. He should share the user name when he used with the Clemson users he would like to collaborate with. Or the Clemson user can share his Clemson Box account (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the non-Clemson user.
2. If the Box user would like to share a folder with another user, he can hover over the folder to select it (notice it turns blue when selected), then click on the Share button
Now he can type in the Box user name (probably a non-Clemson email address) under "Invite People", and select a permission level. The default will be Editor.
In this case since the Clemson user has unlimited storage, the folder will be unlimited in size.
3. If the non-Clemson user would like to share a folder in his public Box account, he can select the Share button and enter the user name Clemson user (email@example.com) as a collaborator. The data in this case would be owned by the non-Clemson user and be subject to the restrictions of the account (by default 15 GB). Note: if sharing with a Clemson student, do not put the "g" in the email address.
4. In either case, the collaborator should get a message in his Box notifying him of the request to collaborate.
5. It is recommended that Clemson users not share sensitive data with external collaborators.
|Posted - Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 10:26 AM.|
|Online URL: https://hdkb.clemson.edu/phpkb/article.php?id=719|