Home Directory space (U: drive) is provided for all faculty, staff and students with a valid Clemson User ID. Home Directory space is used by an individual to store files on campus. One way to access it on a Mac is to use the Clemson Home Directory tool.
- Open a web browser and go to https://ccit.clemson.edu/mac.
- Click on Download Installer in the upper right hand side of the screen, and then click Continue, Continue, Continue
- You will see a list of available software to install. De-select everything on the list except under Miscellaneous - leave Clemson Home Directory selected.
- Click on Continue, Install.
- You may be asked for your Mac password, then click Install Software.
- You may need to restart your computer.
- There will now be an icon on the desktop that says Clemson Home Directory. Double click on that icon.
- You will see a message "You are attempting to connect to the server home.clemson.edu". Click Connect.
- Now it will ask for your Clemson user name and password. Once you click Connect, your U: drive space will be mapped and you will see it under Finder.