- Connect to the Internet on Clemson’s campus (preferably a wired Ethernet connection) or connect to the Clemson VPN if you are off-campus. Here are instructions for connecting to the Clemson VPN: https://hdkb.clemson.edu/phpkb/article.php?id=64
- Connect to the software repository. Here is how to do so on Windows (https://hdkb.clemson.edu/phpkb/article.php?id=116) and Mac (https://hdkb.clemson.edu/phpkb/article.php?id=141)
- Double click on the "Read and Write Gold" folder
- Double click on either the "Windows" or "Mac OS" folder
- For Mac, double click the "Read & Write Gold 7" and run the "Clemson University Read Write.pkg" file. The installer should guide you through the rest of the steps. Once this is finished, you can open Read and Write from your folder. The rest of this document will pertain to resolving issues on the Windows version of the installer.
For Windows, double click the "Read & Write Gold 12" folder and run the "Read&Write.exe" file. The installer should guide you through the rest of the steps. Once this is finished, you can open up Read and Write from your Start menu or desktop. The rest of this document will pertain to resolving issues on the Windows version of the installer.
- In the top right of the software, click on the 3 lines or on the icon that looks like a person. This will direct you to sign in.
- Choose to sign in using Google, and sign in with your @g.clemson.edu email address.
- This should give you access to the software. If you still do not have access, click on the 3 lines to go to Settings, and click About Read and Write Gold. When asked for a product key, put in G7DH8XMZ and click Activate. Make sure that you are signed in with your @g.clemson.edu email.
- If you still have issues, close the program and re-open it.
- If even then you still have issues, please bring the computer to the CCIT Support Center on the 2nd floor of Cooper Library.