Applicable to the Amazon Echo, Echo Tap, and Echo Dot
- Download the Amazon Alexa app to your smartphone or computer and sign in with your Amazon account.
- Plug in the Echo using the included power adapter.
- Connect to the wireless network broadcasted by your echo.
- Broadcasting a network from your Echo is only allowed during setup. Broadcasting a network from your Echo after setup is a violation of the Computer Network Usage and Security Policy.
- Record the MAC address of the Echo, located at the bottom of the first screen in the Alexa app.
- On a device already connected to the internet, navigate to http://netreg.clemson.edu.
- Enter your Clemson credentials if prompted
- Click the 'Add Registration' link on the left
- Enter the MAC address from step 4 in the format XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
- Give the device a description like 'Amazon Echo'
- Read the acceptable user policy and click the 'I Accept' button
- Select resmedianet from the list of wireless networks.
- Enter tigerpaw for the WPA2 Encryption Key when prompted by the Alex app.
- If presented with a screen asking to perform an action, click continue.
- Connect your phone to resmedianet to complete the setup process.