Schedule a Meeting with Outlook Using Clemson Exchange Resources
This document applies to Microsoft Office Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2011 for Mac.
Schedule an In-Person Meeting
- (Outlook 2010, 2013, & 2011) On the Home Tab, click New Items, then select Meeting.
Keyboard shortcut - To create a new meeting request; press CTRL+SHIFT+Q.
- In the Subject box, type a description.
- In the Location box, type a description or click Rooms to choose from rooms available for automatic scheduling from the Clemson Exchange Servers.
- In the Start Time and End Time lists, select the start and end time for the meeting. If this is an all-day event, select the All-day event check box. An all-day event is a full 24 hour event lasting from midnight to midnight. Type any information that you want to share with the recipients, attach any files, or create a "Meeting Workspace."
- On the Meeting tab, in the Show Group, click Scheduling Assistant. The Scheduling Assistant helps to find the best time for your meeting.
- Click Add Attendees.
- Select the name from the results list, and click Required, Optional, or Resources, as appropriate, and then click OK. Required and optional attendees appear in the To: box on the Meeting tab, and resources appear in the Location box.
- The free/busy grid shows the availability of attendees. A green vertical line represents the start of the meeting. A red vertical line represents the end of the meeting.
- The Suggested Times pane locates the best time for your meeting, which is defined as the time when most attendees are available. The best meeting time appears at the top of the pane. To select any of the suggested times, click the time suggestion in the Suggested Times pane. You can also manually pick a time on the free/busy grid.
- If you want to make the meeting recur, on the Meeting tab, in the Options group, click Recurrence, select the recurrence pattern, and then click OK. When you add a recurrence pattern to a meeting request, the Meeting tab changes to Recurring Meeting.
- On the Meeting tab, in the Show Group, click Appointment.
- Click Send.