Cisco - Phone: 88XX Series Soft Reset Procedure
If you are having a problem with your Cisco phone, one solution is to reset it. There are two ways to do this:
RESET VIA SOFTWARE
1. Press the settings button on the phone. This will navigate to the Applications Menu.
2. From the Applications Menu select Admin Settings.
(Please note your display may be slightly different depending on which applications have been programmed onto your phone.)
3. Select Option 4 Reset Settings. to navigate to the Reset Settings menu.
4. From the "Reset Settings" Menu select option 2 All Settings.
5. You will see a "Reset all Settings" confirmation pop up. Confirm the reset by pressing the reset Soft Key on your phone.
At this time the display will turn black as the phone begins the reset process. Note that you may see the phone reset multiple times as the factory reset will require the phone to update multiple systems.
RESET VIA HARDWARE
A hard factory reset resets all of the parameters of the phone, including network and security settings. This is sometimes necessary for troubleshooting or resolving phone issues.
1. Unplug the Ethernet cable from your Cisco IP phone. Wait 5 seconds. Press and hold #.
Here is a video on this: https://youtu.be/ZlMiUAv9QLc
If you have more questions, email ITHELP@clemson.edu or call 864-656-3494.
|Posted - Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 8:19 AM.|
|Online URL: https://hdkb.clemson.edu/phpkb/article.php?id=1226|