Canvas: Making a copy of a Canvas courseEstimated Reading Time: 1 Minutes
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE A COPY OF A CANVAS COURSE
Courses should be copied when you want to use or repurpose previously created content. This process is most often used when you are teaching the same course in a different semester.
1. In Global Navigation, click the Courses link and click on the course name of the course you want to copy content into.
2. In Course Navigation, click the Settings link.
3. Click the Import Course Content link.
4. In the Content Type dropdown menu, select Copy a Canvas Course.
5. In the Search for a course dropdown menu, select the course you wish to copy. You can also search for a course by name. If you are looking to copy a past Canvas course, make sure to check the ‘Include Completed Courses’ checkbox.
6. To import all content from the course, select the All Content button. If you want to choose specific content, click the Select specific content button.
7. Click the Import button.
8. Bonus: If you chose Select specific content, you will then choose the content you wish to import by clicking Select Content, making your selections, and clicking on the Select Content button.
If you have more questions, email ITHELP@clemson.edu or call 864-656-3494.