Create a Mathworks account for new users
Instructions to create a Mathworks account for New Users (2019).
NOTE: These instructions apply to all students and employees who wish to eventually access the Matlab software.
1. Start by going to https://www.cecas.clemson.edu/matlab. This URL will redirect you to the Clemson University portal on Mathworks website. Click on the Sign in to get started button.
2. Enter your Clemson University network credentials when prompted.
3. Once authenticated, click on Create in Create a Mathworks Account box.
4. Complete your Mathworks Profile by filling in the required information.
NOTE: Email address and First and Last Name will be pre-filled. Adjust Name as appropriate, but do not change the email address. You may ignore entering anything into the User ID field.
Enter in and confirm a password for your Mathworks account. Make this password different from any other password and follow the password strength rules displayed.
Select United States for Location.
Select the best approximation for your department or major in the Department listing.
Select the appropriate role from the choices given.
Check the box to accept the Online Services Agreement, then click Create.
NOTE: You will get a confirmation email that your account has been created. You will not be required to take any action from this email.
5. Your account setup is now complete. The Matlab download page will now display. From this page you will be able to download the Matlab installation files.
This concludes the New User Mathworks account setup instructions.
If you have more questions regarding Mathworks account creation, email ITHELP@clemson.edu or call 864-656-3494.