Unable to convert file to PDF
Problem: When right-clicking a file and selecting Convert to PDF. The user receives the message:
Unable to find Adobe PDF printer or Acrobat Distiller printer. Do you want to run the installer in repair mode?
Solution: This error arises when the Adobe PDF printer is not installed or not named correctly. The simple fix is to go into Devices and Printers (Control Panel) or Printers & scanners (Windows search) and ensure first that it is installed, and then ensure that it is named correctly. If it is installed and named Adobe PDF Printer or Adobe PDF Converter change the name to Adobe PDF and then the selection should work fine.
If it is not installed try these steps.
- Use Windows 10 search button to find Printers & scanners.
- At the top select Add a Printer or scanner.
- Select The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Click on Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings and then click Next.
- Select Use an existing port.
- For the port select Documents\*.pdf(Adobe PDF).
- Click Have Disk…
- Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF\AdobePDF.inf.
- Select Open and then OK. By default the digitally signed driver should be selected. Click Next.
- Select Replace the current drive and Next.
- (CHANGE THE NAME HERE) Erase the word Converter and click Next.
- Click Next and select Do not share this printer.
- Click Next and Finish.
The user will now be able to right-click and select Convert to PDF.
If you have more questions, email ITHELP@clemson.edu or call 864-656-3494.