Manually Connecting to your Home Directory (U: Drive) – Windows 8.1 UI Method
Manually Connecting to your Home Directory – Windows 8.1 UI Method
Note: Off campus users will need to connect to the Clemson VPN service before following instructions.
- Open the Windows File Explorer from the taskbar or Start Menu. It should display all your currently connected drives.
- At the top of the Windows File Explorer window, click on the “Computer” tab then click on the “Map Network Drive” icon to display the “Map Network Drive” window.
- In the Drive: pull down menu select U:
- In the folder text box type in: \\home.clemson.edu\[USERNAME], where [USERNAME] is your Clemson username.
- Check the box for “Reconnect at logon” if you wish for this drive to be persistent after reboots.
Note: The “Reconnect at logon” option will not behave as expected for Off campus users. This option works best if you are persistently connected to the Clemson Campus Network.
- For Non-Domain joined users, you will need to check the box by the option “Connect using different credentials”. Now click the “Finish” button.
- A “Windows Security” box should appear, input your university username and password into their respective fields and click OK.
Note: If a user is having issues with authenticating and you are certain their password is correct and being typed in correctly, you can direct the user to add the CAMPUS domain prefix to their username, for example, “campus\USERNAME”, in the attempt to make the connection.
- Your personal space should now be mapped to U: and display in the Windows File Explorer.