HOW TO: Schedule a Meeting with Outlook Using Clemson Exchange Resources
This document applies to Microsoft Office Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2011 for Mac only.
To schedule an in-person meeting in Microsoft Outlook, please follow the steps below:
- (Outlook 2010, 2013, & 2011 for Mac only) On the Home Tab, click New Items, then select Meeting.
- In the Subject box, type a description.
- In the Location box, type a description or click Rooms to choose from rooms available for automatic scheduling from the Clemson Exchange Servers.
- In the Start Time and End Time lists, select the start and end time for the meeting. If this is an all-day event, select the All-day event check box. An all-day event is a full 24 hour event lasting from midnight to midnight. Type any information that you want to share with the recipients, attach any files, or create a "Meeting Workspace."
- On the Meeting tab, in the Show Group, click Scheduling Assistant. The Scheduling Assistant helps to find the best time for your meeting.
- Click Add Attendees.
- Select the name from the results list, and click Required, Optional, or Resources, as appropriate, and then click OK. Required and optional attendees appear in the To: box on the Meeting tab, and resources appear in the Location box.
- The free/busy grid shows the availability of attendees. A green vertical line represents the start of the meeting. A red vertical line represents the end of the meeting.
- The Suggested Times pane locates the best time for your meeting, which is defined as the time when most attendees are available. The best meeting time appears at the top of the pane. To select any of the suggested times, click the time suggestion in the Suggested Times pane. You can also manually pick a time on the free/busy grid.
- If you want to make the meeting recur, on the Meeting tab, in the Options group, click Recurrence, select the recurrence pattern, and then click OK. When you add a recurrence pattern to a meeting request, the Meeting tab changes to Recurring Meeting.
- On the Meeting tab, in the Show Group, click Appointment.
- Click Send.
To change a meeting, please follow the steps below:
Open the meeting that you want to change. Do one of the following:
- Change options for a meeting that is not part of a series
Change the options, such as subject, location, and time, that you want to change.
Click Send Update.
- Change options for all meetings in a series
Click Open the Series.
Change any options, such as subject, location, and time, that you want to change.
To change recurrence options, on the Recurring Meeting tab, in the Options group, click Recurrence, change the options, such as time, recurrence pattern, or range of recurrence, and then click OK.
Click Send Update.
- Change options for one meeting that is part of a series
Click Open This Occurrence.
On the Recurring Meeting tab, change the options, such as subject, location, and time, that you want.
Click Send Update.
To make a meeting reoccurring, please follow the steps below:
- Open the meeting that you want to make recurring.
- On the Meeting tab, in the Options group, click Recurrence.
- Click the frequency—Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly—with which you want the meeting to recur, and then select options for the frequency, and then click OK.
- Click Send Update.
- For all new meetings that you will create:
On the Tools menu, click Options.
To have a reminder automatically turned on or off for new meetings, select or clear the Default Reminder check box.
If you selected the check box, enter the amount of time before the meeting that you want the reminder to appear.
- For existing meetings:
Open the meeting or open the series if the meeting is recurring.
To have a reminder turned on or off, on the Meeting tab, in the Options group, select None or a listed reminder time.